Thursday, May 16, 2013

Politics & Society





















 One says: "I'm here for business."                                                  The other says: "I'm here for your beaver pelts."

I worked on an oil rig once. I know opium was big then, but I don't remember it looking a thing like that...  Pip-pip ye trusts.

That's my cousin Jenny, third from the right. I wouldn't mess with her.  We had a few rows as kids. Let me tell you, I learned to respect women at a damned early age.
The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire was truly a tragedy. R.I.P.

Last year in politics and society there was a focus on civil, political and human rights. Women made strides internationally in their fight to gain equal rights. Workers rights and labor laws were also prominent in discussion throughout the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment